Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Welcome back, blogger.


I think I'm going to get back into blogging.

And what do I mean by "back into," you ask? (See non-existent post count to right.)

I started blogging a couple of years ago, actually. I felt constrained by the 140-word limit on Twitter. Also, a friend had started a blog, and naturally, I wanted to be just like her. ;)

But back in the summer of 2009, I was a different person. I was in a weird "in between" phase -- no longer in college, but preparing for grad school. I was working part-time, with an end-date in sight (completion of my master's degree). I was recently engaged, so not married, but also not "just" dating. Life was swirling and whirling around me, and my blog was my outlet.

Despite the ephemeral nature of my days at the time, I managed to cultivate content (and readers) on the topics of wedding planning, personal relationships, and my own daily antics. Deep, I know.

But then I found that working and going to grad school and planning a wedding and looking for an apartment and job searching actually didn't leave much time for blogging. Who would have guessed?

So, I fell off the blogging bandwagon.

And today, I'm gingerly climbing back on board. Today, as a newlywed wife and professional writer, I'm rediscovering my outlet. I hope you'll join me.

(image credit: retail blogging)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I know exactly what you mean by life getting so busy! I started my blog just before diving into all those same endeavors, and there was a few month period where I didn't post anything.
    I'm excited to start following you and see where your new adventures take you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca! Thank you so much for visiting! I think we always feel like we can handle more than we're actually capable of. I'm really impressed by bloggers who can keep up with their blogs consistently, for years even.

      Looking forward to reading more from you, too!

      Delete
  2. I'm finally catching up on some blog reading and was so glad to see that you are back! I'm excited to see where your life has taken you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather! So great to hear from you. Life's definitely different now than when I blogged before. I was so glad to see you are still writing. I'm looking forward to catching up with you!

      Delete

Comments, questions, suggestions, and compliments are welcome. Especially compliments. And if you comment, I usually return the favor. (hint, hint)

ShareThis